Friday, August 21, 2009

For once I'm glad I didn't ponteng school

Oh yeah! One cannot be more happy. I'm actually glad that I didn't ponteng school today. And do you know why?



But before I can tell you, let me give you a brief introduction.



Wednesday, 19 August 2009

A group of Japanese and Indonesian students came to our school for a student exchange programme. It's a yearly event between my school, SFI and the schools from Kagoshima, Japan. So this year they came again, but this time the Idon's from Palembang decided to come too. So we had two countries having an exchange programme with us.



They arrived at 3.00pm that day. I had already gone home but my brother was part of the welcoming committee. He had the privilege of following them on the river cruise cause he was part of the videography team of the school.



But anyhow, Japanese Girls! WooHoo!



The next day, Thursday. The school had a welcoming ceremony for the exchange students. The great thing was, the Japs and Indons were siting right beside me throughout the whole assembly. WooHoo! Lucky! The SFI students put up some performances for them. Pretty lame.... Then it was their turn. The japs did a traditional rice festival dance (which was the same song they danced to last year) But who cares? As long as their Japs, I like. LOL.

The Indons were next, their dance was more synchronised and nice. And I have to say that they're not bad.....

So just like all the years, I watch the performance, go back to class and discard any hopes for meeting them.

NOT!

This year was different, I vowed to myself to get the exchange students contacts before Friday was over, or my name was not Jonah See Siou-Qing.

So started my mission.

The next day, Friday, today i went to school earlier than usual to catch the students before classes started. I went to the canteen but the Japs were not there. Only the Indons were at sight. So i fixed my cross hairs on them, took my trusty notebook and went to talk to them. It started i bit bumpy but eventually I managed to get then to write their contacts in my notebook and got to know more about then too. LUCKY!

It was nearing the time for the school bell to ring and still no sight of the Japs. So i regretfully went to line up at my class. That's when i found out that the exchange students including the japs will be coming to my class. DOUBLE LUCKY!!

But my happiness was broken by the voice of the Head Prefect asking the form 5 prefect to gather in front pf the prefect room. Nooooooooo!!!!!!! Do not take my golden opportunity from me!!! I even got my camera ready!

Thankfully, all he wanted was to check our bags. Orders from Mr. Lim and the Black Dog. Well they couldn't resist giving us a 10 min lecture although it felt like half an hour.... After that we rushed back to class. Seriously, all Form 5 prefects ran up the stairs back to class. With the exception of the ex-Head Prefect....

Oh ya did i mention that i got scolded for keeping long hair and my brother rampased my rubik's cube which was actually his in the first place?

At class, it was interaction time. i don't know how i did it but i managed to get the students contacts and a decent amount of pics. Maybe it was because I was talking about Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece which Kurumi Maezono(One of the Jap gals) was a huge fan of....... Yeah man.. Anime connects...

But the best is yet to come.

Tomorrow I will be going to the Zoo. Why is that so good you ask? Well stay tuned for my next blog post and you shall receive enlightenment....

No comments:

Post a Comment