Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Apples


Okay, I have gotten lazy and decided that typing 21 days of Singapore would be quite mendokusai, so in a nutshell, we had a SUPERB time in Singapore, The Science Centre was AWESOME, Sakura was DELICIOUS, ECP was EXHILARATING, the youths of Jurong and LAP were GREAT people, we were treated to meals 40% of the time, the MRT system ROCKED, and last and by all means the least least, the hawker food SUCKED.

At the Science Centre

A picture of the DELICIOUS food at Sakura and cycling at ECP

Jurong Youths

Lim Ah Pin Youths


Oh and the apples there are nice. Yep, definantly much better than Malaysian apples.

That aside, it's Chinese New Year again! Yeah! Firecrackers!
Well, I spent my 1st and 2nd day of CNY in my grandparents house in a remote place called Bukit Pelanduk, in the already small district of Port Dickson in the State of Nine. 

Since the 1st day of CNY fell on a Sunday, my family and I worshiped at the Seremban COC. The had quite a large youth group going there, with a 2:3 ratio of boys to girls. Met Chye Leng there, not that I could miss her, since she was wearing a very beautiful cheongsam, and looked equally stunning in it. Well, it is Chinese New Year and everybody wants to look pretty. Met quite a few of the youths there who I attended children's class with when i was still a midget about 7 years old..... Honestly, I have almost zero remembrance of my Sunday school days in Seremban. There was this girl my age who said that she was in Sunday School with me last time. Well, couldn't recognize her, couldn't remember her name, asked her name, still can't remember her name. Well, hopefully the current drug of most people's lives, Facebook, can provide an answer.

Speaking of Facebook, I see that Facebook has now taken over the world. In just the span of 2 years or so, Facebook has boomed. Almost everybody has Facebook. It's so popular, that TV advertisements are now promoting viewer to view their Facebook page and become a fan. take for example Pizza Hut, Pizza Hut commercials nowadays usually end by asking viewers to visit their Facebook page. This is the 1st time that I saw something of that sort. No social site so far have made it to the big screen by being officially named. Facebook is like the connector of all connections, the one place were people gather and share a common joy. Socializing. But then again, as stated in "The Big Bang Theory" having 312 friends on My Space does not make Shelldon anymore sociable. Facebook still can''t beat the joy of going out there and seeing, talking, hearing, touching and tasting people. Okay, maybe not so much on the touching and tasting. Facebook is good to reconnect and keep in touch, but forming and building relationships are still more effectively formed away from a computer screen.

Take for example today, me and my Form 5 buddies went out for makan and movie. We spent our time eating, laughing and talking . A Face-to-Face is always superior to a Wall-to-Wall. The main reason of the usage of Facebook is that is allows people to share their joy with other people, instantly. And i my case, my pictures instantly. Not just so that they can post some attention seeking status on their profiles. Which is most probably why Twitter did not get as much fame as Facebook.  

With that all said and done, let's talk about apples.

Apples are red, 
Apples are white, 
Apples look good,
That apple of his eye.

Over the mountain,
Beyond the line,
There in that mansion,
The apple of his eye. 

But alas!

The distance great,
The dangers rise,
Will he ever meet,
That apple of his eye?

Should he face the danger,
Should he go that distance,
The answer is a wager,
On that apple of his eye.

~Author Unknown~

3 comments: