Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Treasures

Last Saturday, I went back to by grandparents place. Not for Cheng Beng mind you, since my whole family are believers of Christ. But cause i was a long time since i've been back, since CNY actually, and my dad needed to drip my grandma. On the way we stopped by at Inti Nilai to check out the the place and the school fees for Pre-U studies. A very large and beautiful campus it was, with the front veranda looking like an entrance to a hotel, together with automatic glass sliding doors. Inquiring bout'the A-Level fees we found out that since i scored 10A's, the tuition fees for 3 subs will be free. Nice! But sadly, the campus was situated right smack in the middle of nowhere, with no close Church of Christ, so its definantly a cross next to that name. However, there's still Inti Subang, so to early to decide yet.

Oh well, left Inti and headed to my grandparents home. When we reached, I found out that my relatives were cleaning out grandpa's room. Since he left to be with God last year. Well, and I found treasures!

No not a bag full of ancient coins worth millions or a sack full of banana money or a chest full of gold.


But the treasures were barely worth more than RM20 in total. And if I hadn't come along, they would probably be sold to 'chui gu po chua". For these were not treasures of monetary value, but treasures of academic value. 4 of my dad's old science books back from the days he was studing in India, 2 physics and 2 chemistry.


As i was reading through the black "test books of physics", 1st chapter Optics, which is taught to us a light, I came across, 2 formulas which i have never seen before in our form 4 or 5 books. However, as I analyzed them deeper, I realized that, at some point in my upper sec school life, Puan Goh Chee Peng had already hinted upon these formulas. mainly during that time when we were solving physics competition questions. Amazing!

The thing is books like these are hard to find these days. Ancient they may be but content wise, they're still rich.

Treasures indeed!

Oh and when I was at my grandparents house, I also participated in the "Once in a lifetime Squirrel Hunt".

No comments:

Post a Comment